Skip to main content

10 Things Im NOT a Fan of Buying.

1. TOILET PAPER - I feel like I am flushing money down the toilet. Seriously, I find no value in the square sheets once their purpose is fulfilled.

2. GAS -Surprisingly, this isnt just solely because of the high prices. I actually just hate having to STOP what I am doing and get gas. However, I will confess I am one of those weirdos that likes the smell of gas when its pumping....weird, I know.

3. COIN ROLLERS - I feel like buying rollers to put my coins in is an automatic loss. And yes, I am aware that there are machines that make this process much easier, but in the end...they cost more than the rollers. -_-

4. TAXES - self explanatory.

5. AIR FOR TIRES - I had a slow leak in one of my tires and kept having to fill it. I found one machine that charged me $1.00 for stinkin' air!!!!!! I mean seriously, if I had the lung power I would put the tire in it myself!

6. WORK ALCOHOL PERMIT - The County I work in requires I wear a "Alcohol Permit" as part of my uniform. (& they perform random checks and will write both you and the establishment a ticket if you are NOT wearing yours) This permit has to be renewed annually at $25.00 a pop. I feel that if I am 21+ and am legally able to buy & drink alcohol, shouldn't I be able to carry it from the bar to a table for a guest??? I could understand if I were under the age of 21, but seriously?

7. INSURANCE - Though I am thankful for the coverage, Insurance is that thing that you don't seem to need until you don't have it anymore. Its like every month my car & health have take a chunk out of my wallet that I never seem to use. (I am thankful that I am not having to put it to "use" though.)

8. PARKING LOTS -Isn't your establishment already getting money from me? Now you are penalizing me for not walking here....

9. LATE FEES - I typically don't have to pay these, just thought I would add them to the list. ;)

10. ALL THE FUTURE THINGS MY KIDS WILL NEED ME TO BUY FOR SCHOOL -I am clearly not there yet (nor do I have any children). But, every time the stores are set up with Back to School supplies, I cringe knowing I will be there one day.

What are some things you hate buying? 

Comments

  1. Ohh let's just go ahead and respond to these:

    1. I hate purchasing this as much as I hate using it. There's always that twinge of embarrassment when buying TP. You try to not make eye contact with the cashier because, clearly, they know what you are using this for.

    2. Agreed. Aside from the smelling it part, but I believe that involves a different issue altogether

    3. We'll finish the response to the rest of these the next time we talk.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I HATE buying bottled water... biggest scam in the world. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha Might be a scam, but I sure fall for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I buy it all the time... but it always feels ridiculous to pay $2 for something I could get from a tap. ;)
    and I agree on the buying gas thing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Relationship status: LOVED

Song of Solomon 8:4 reads, " 4 Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires." In the Jenny B translation that would read... DON'T JUMP IN FRONT OF CUPIDS ARROW IF IT WAS NOT AIMED AT YOU! I was spending time on Facebook and Twitter this morning and of course I expected the Timelines to be inundated with genuine Valentines AND sarcastic Single Awareness "I'm not the only one alone today" shout outs. But, the more I read the more I started thinking about this thing called romance & silly concept of Cupid. It's funny how some are so lonely that instead of celebrating LOVE from all sources, (i.e. God, family, friends, ect.) on Valentines Day they mourn the fact that they dont have a "Valentine". Its the typical story of "focusing on what you feel don't have instead of what you really DO have". So, maybe your relationship status still reads "SINGLE"...you have to realize that

Rambling Contentment

The months of October and November for me were full of conferences, preaching, church events, house-sitting, friends going through crisis' & work.....lots of work. Out of sheer stress I told a friend on the week leading up to our trip to Nicaragua, "If I had known how crazy my  month was gonna be, I probably wouldn't have agreed to go on this trip".  It's in moments like those, that I am so glad we don't "know" everything. It's just like God to bring us a refreshment that is disguised in serving others, when we ourselves feel we have nothing left to give. I just kept reminding myself that God's grace is sufficient and that He would supply my every need. On November 17, 2012 myself and 16 others headed to Hartsfield-Jackson airport to jump on a plane and head to Nicaragua. I had the honor of being the Pastoral Lead on our youth ministries first Missions Trip. Once we hit the airport reality set in for me, "Holy Lord, lik

The Beautiful Mess

***I am writing this at 3am. I am sure there are a plethora of run on sentences and grammatical errors...sue me*** When I was growing up, I used to love to rearrange my room. I started this process at a very young age (like elementary school). It wasn't just the furniture that I would change up either; I would rearrange the photos, the endless posters of Jonathan Taylor Thomas and every other BOP, Teen Bop and Tiger Beat heart throb of the late 90's that was taped onto my walls. :) I seriously, probably kept Scotch tape in business back then. :) *You're welcome Scotch*. This rearranging would happen quite often, were talking every couple months, but no less than 2 times a year. Me and my childhood best friend Sarah (who happens to have a great blog "The Lovely Life"....you should follow) would help give each others room their regular "face lifts". The need for new and exciting is a part of my personality. I get bored easy when I see the same thing day